Search this blog

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

September 9th

Ribfest!!

I had never been to Forest Park's Ribfest before, but apparently it's a pretty big deal.  We decided to take my dad there for his birthday because what says happy birthday more than gnawing on some ribs, drinking some beer, and listening to live music?
The ribs were good, the beer was good, and the music was surprisingly great.  My dad had a good time and said that it was one of his best birthdays ever.  Win!

Lots of Ribs
Ribfest
Forest Park, IL

I sampled quite a few different ribs from different places, but honestly I can't remember where they were from.  I do remember they were all very tasty.  I also had some amazing roasted corn on the cob (one of my favorite things) and a fried oreo.  Oh, and a few beers.  It was a successful night!

Grades:

Megan - A (I had so much fun, loved the food and drinks, and even danced.  I will definitely be going back to Ribfest in the future.)

Noelle - A+  (Noelle had the time of her life here.  She didn't eat ribs [she tried a bite of one and didn't really like it], but she had a hot dog and a chocolate dipped frozen banana.  The highlight of the fest for her was the music.  She was having so much fun dancing and just running back and forth in front of the stage with her cousin.  She may have some permanent hearing loss due to the really loud music, but I think it was worth it for the amount of fun she was having :)

No comments:

Post a Comment