Search this blog

Monday, November 6, 2017

September 3rd

Tomatoes Aplenty

Our tomatoes have been going crazy lately and we've had so many that I just don't know what to do with them.  I gave some away and still had a ton leftover, so I searched for recipes and found this amazing tomato galette. 

Tomato Galette with Honeyed Goat Cheese, Caramelized Shallots, and Fresh Thyme
recipe from: http://www.wrytoasteats.com/heirloom-tomato-galette-w-honeyed-goat-cheese-caramelized-shallots-fresh-thyme/




Ok you guys...you must make this.  It's easy and it looks (and sounds) so impressive!  I would make this for guests at a summer party.  If not for a main dish, at least for a side dish.  We had it for a main dish though and it was incredible.

I have a minor obsession with goat cheese and the addition of the honey and the caramelized shallots just make everything perfect.  Oh, and not to mention those fresh garden tomatoes (although I'm sure store-bought tomatoes would be great too.)

I can't wait till next year so I can make this one again!

Grades:

Megan - A+ (I don't know how many time I can say it, but I loved this one.  Plus, check out the blog with the recipe because she has absolutely beautiful pictures of this galette that put mine to shame.)

Noelle - C+ (Oh Noelle, sometimes I just don't know what's wrong with you.  How could she have not loved this dish???  I guess for a kid maybe the flavors are weird, but to me they're magical.  If you read this blog, you know that Noelle is addicted to tomatoes.  But, she only really likes raw tomatoes [especially if they are popped into her mouth fresh from our garden].  For some reason the cooked ones don't really do anything for her.  She also disgusts me with her dislike of goat cheese.  With this she loved the crust and wanted to just eat that.  I got her to eat a bit of the rest, but I just couldn't waste it on someone who didn't love it, so I ended up finishing her piece.)

No comments:

Post a Comment