Search this blog

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

September 25th

Get Figgy With It

I love dried figs.  Fresh figs are good too, but I don't think I've ever had a great fresh fig.  It seems really hard to get them at just the right ripeness.  I bought fresh figs for this salad but by the time I got around to making the recipe, my figs were not fresh.  So, into the garbage they went and I used dried figs instead.  It worked well and was delicious.

Prosciutto, Mozzarella, and Fig Salad
recipe from: https://www.skinnytaste.com/prosciutto-mozzarella-and-fig-salad-with-arugula/
As I said above, I used dried figs which I thought worked great and added a sweetness to the salad.  The mozzarella was tasty and prosciutto is always wonderful.  I used a mixed greens salad rather than just arugula because I find it to be to spicy/peppery with only arugula.

Grades:

Megan - A (This salad was really tasty, filling, and felt like a special treat even though it was pretty healthy overall.)

Noelle - Noelle doesn't eat salad.  She did have some dried figs though and enjoyed those.

No comments:

Post a Comment