Search this blog

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

September 4th

More Meatballs

I don't know why so many of my healthier recipes involve meatballs.  There must be something about meatballs that lend themselves to being "healthified."

Turkey Spinach Meatballs with Garlic and Herbs Feta Cheese Sauce
recipe from: https://www.sweetashoney.co/turkey-spinach-meatballs-garlic-herbs-feta-cheese-sauce/
I really enjoyed these meatballs.  The spinach, onions, and herbs in the meatballs kept them moist and flavorful.  But the real star was the sauce!  I didn't have feta cheese, so I made mine with goat cheese.  It was totally different than the feta, but still good.  The only thing was that I thought the lime juice in the sauce was a little overpowering/weird tasting.  I don't know if it would be better with feta, but I would reduce the amount of lime juice or maybe not use lime juice at all.  If the sauce is too dry, lemon juice might be better.

Grades:

Megan - A (There's nothing I love more than a healthy dinner that tastes good too.  Without the sauce these were nothing special, but that sauce sent them on the path to deliciousness!)

Noelle - D (Noelle has become very suspicious of green things in her food and since these were full of spinach, she was not too excited.  She ate a little, but couldn't get over those green bits in there.  I guess this is an "adult" dinner.)

No comments:

Post a Comment