Search this blog

Monday, November 13, 2017

September 12th

It's All Greek to Me

I love going to Greek restaurants...and not just for the flaming cheese and the Opa!  I really like a lot of Greek dishes and Greek flavors.  This is not a very authentic Greek dish, but it's got some of the flavors in there and even though it's not authentic, it's delicious and that's enough for me!

Greek Burgers with Spinach, Feta, and Sundried Tomatoes
recipe from: https://www.savorytooth.com/greek-burgers/
The only real change I made to this recipe was that I used whole wheat pita bread instead of a bun and I "healthified it" by not adding the tzatziki sauce (although I think you could make the sauce with greek yogurt and it wouldn't be very unhealthy).  I feel like my reviews may be getting less and less trustworthy because I have been eating so healthy that I haven't had any really "good" foods in so long, everything tastes great to me.  Either way, I thought these burgers were amazing and so flavorful.  I will say that Doug liked them too, so I think this review can be trusted!

Grades:

Megan - A (So full of flavor, so juicy, and so delicious.  I was in heaven eating these and savored every single bite.  They will be showing up for dinner again soon!)

Noelle - B (When Noelle heard she was having a cheeseburger for dinner she was pretty excited.  Then I showed it to her and she immediately got suspicious and asked, "What are these green things in my burger Mommy?"  I didn't want to lie, so I told her they were spinach.  She wanted me take the spinach out but I explained to her that I couldn't take it out and convinced her to try a bite.  After she tried a bite she got over the "green things" and enjoyed the burger.  Maybe not as much as she would enjoy a regular cheeseburger, but she still enjoyed it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment