Search this blog

Sunday, November 19, 2017

September 22nd

Images in Blog Might Look Easier than They Appear

When I saw this recipe on pinterest I thought, "That looks simple and delicious!"  It was simple.  It was delicious.  All the components and flavors were there.  Mine just turned out looking nothing like the pictures on the blog.

Balsamic Glazed Steak Rolls
recipe from: https://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/balsamic-glazed-steak-rolls/c723300c-8122-462d-b8ff-2c85ecd7325d?nicam4=socialmedia&nichn4=pinterest&niseg4=tablespoon&nicreatid4=post&crlt.pid=camp.axuc7qiddalm
So, as you can see mine was more of a balsamic steak pile rather than a roll.  All my rolls looked pretty good going into the pan, but then they all fell apart while cooking.  It still tasted great, just not the most appetizing to look at.

Grades:

Megan - B (I thought the flavor of these with the balsamic sauce was quite good.  I also liked the vegetables in, liked that it was easy to make, and liked that it was healthy.  I deducted some points for the way it looked after cooked.  I'm not quite sure how to solve that problem...maybe hold the meat together with string or toothpics?  I'd just as quickly let it fall apart because even though it doesn't look as nice, it still tastes the same.)

Noelle - A (Let me start off with a little disclaimer...Noelle had only the steak part of this dinner.  I didn't give her any of the veggies because they all were pretty much her most-hated vegetables and I knew if they were there she wouldn't want to eat anything.  BUT...She loved the steak!  I wasn't sure if she'd be turned off by the balsamic flavor, but nope, she was in love with it.  While eating it she actually said throughout dinner, "I want more steak.", "Can I have more steak?", and "You're hiding the steak!"  I wasn't hiding any steak from her...she just couldn't get enough and couldn'e believe it when it was gone.  I guess I should have saved her a bigger piece!)

No comments:

Post a Comment