Search this blog

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

September 13th

The Easiest Dinner in the World

I am always on the hunt for easy, quick dinners.  Most of meals take only half an hour or less to make.  This one though wins the prize for easiness.  How have I never heard about cooking this way before???  I am going to cook everything in salsa from now on!

Salsa Verde Pork
recipe from: https://confessionsofafitfoodie.com/2016/09/21-day-fix-salsa-verde-pork-slow-cooker/
Am I the only one that didn't know that you could cook meat in just salsa and have it turn out tender, flavorful, and amazing?  Literally all you have to do is open a jar of salsa and pour it in a pot.  There is nothing easier than that!

This recipe says to cook it in a crock pot, but I don't have one so I just cooked in in the oven on about 250 or 300 for a while to get the same effect. 

I served mine with cauliflower rice (which I just buy frozen from Trader Joes) seasoned with cumin, chili powder, and cayenne pepper and it was the fastest healthy meal I've ever made.

Grades:

Megan - A (This was so full of flavor.  When I told Doug it was just salsa and pork he couldn't believe it.  I will definitely be using this as a quick weeknight meal.)

Noelle - B (Noelle was neither taken away with this or disgusted by it.  She pretty much ate it without comment.  She doesn't understand how easy it was and just can't appreciate.)

No comments:

Post a Comment