Search this blog

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

September 5th

This is Not a Chimichanga

This recipe advertised itself as baled chimichangas.  When I made these, they did not really taste like chimichangas - those need to be fried.  But, they did taste delicious and were more like a burrito.

Baked Chicken Chimichanga
recipe from: https://lilluna.com/baked-chicken-chimichangas/
I made a few changes to this recipe to make it even healthier.  For my burrito, I had no carbs.  So no rice...nothing.  For Doug's I had some quinoa that was already cooked, so instead of using the Spanish rice that the recipe calls for, I used quinoa and seasoned it with cumin, chili powder, and cayenne powder.  I have to say, the ones with the quinoa were much better than those without any carbs (duh!).  I also used whole wheat tortillas rather than white flour tortillas. 
Like I said above, these were not really chimichangas (maybe if I would've baked them longer they would have gotten crispier), but they still were quite tasty and quite healthy.

Grades:

Megan - A- (I thought these were tasty and they were even better with the quinoa.  I'm sure if they had rice and white tortillas, they'd probably be even more delicious.

Noelle - C+ (Noelle has not been into my healthy recipes.  I knew this one was risky because she is not a quinoa fan.  I tried just not telling her it was in there, but she spotted right away after she took a bite.  Then, I tried telling her it was rice, but she knew it wasn't and asked what else it was.  So, I told her it was quinoa and she made sure I knew she doesn't like quinoa.  I still managed to get her to eat quite a bit of it and I think she kind of liked it.  She just didn't want to admit to herself that she might actually like something with quinoa in it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment