Search this blog

Friday, November 3, 2017

August 30th

A Couple Switches to Lighten it Up

If you've been reading, you know by now that I'm on a diet.  I'm still trying to eat delicious things, but making little switches to lighten recipes up and be healthier.  This is a perfect example or a recipe that was good, but would be better if it wasn't "lightened up."

Skillet Chicken with Bacon and White Wine Sauce
recipe from: https://pinchofyum.com/skillet-chicken-bacon-white-wine-sauce
Changes I made to this recipe:
- I used boneless skinless chicken breasts instead of skin-on chicken thighs
- I used turkey bacon instead of regular bacon
- I used less flour and just browned the chicken in the skillet with a sprinkle of flour

Would it be better with regular bacon? yes. 
Would it be better with crispy chicken skin? yes.
Would it fit into my diet with those things? No.

For a "diet food" was was packed full of flavor.  It was just missing that crispiness that you would've gotten from the skin and more flour.  Oh well.

Grades:

Megan - B+ (Pretty good...I'm just not the biggest fan of eating big pieces of chicken breast.  I don't know why, I prefer it shredded, or cut up and mixed into something.)

Noelle - A- (After I scraped off all the onions, Noelle was happy to eat this.  Don't let her see even the tiniest piece of onion though, or it will be ruined.)

No comments:

Post a Comment