Search this blog

Friday, November 3, 2017

August 29th

Z is For Zoodle

I'm trying zoodles again.  The first time making them was a success and they are so healthy, I just can't resist.

Avocado Pesto Zoodles
recipe from: http://www.eatyourselfskinny.com/zucchini-noodles-with-creamy-avocado-pesto/




These were easy, but I felt like they needed more.  In my opinion, you need lots of textures in your zoodle dishes to hide the texture of the zucchini.  This didn't have enough texture so the zoodles really stood out, which makes it harder for them to pass as pasta.  Doing something as simple as adding a few toasted pine nuts on top at the end might help it enough to make it delicious.

Grades:

Megan - B- (I thought these were ok, but I love pasta with avocado sauce and these just couldn't live up to that standard.  Try it with the pine nuts like I suggested above - I think it would make a big difference.)

Noelle - D (I told Noelle these were Zoodles and zucchini pasta and she said she just likes regular pasta.  I don't think she's a big zoodle fan to start with and then the green color, and the pesto was just weirding her out.)

No comments:

Post a Comment