Search this blog

Sunday, November 19, 2017

September 21st

Being Healthy is Hard

Tonight we ate dinner at one of my favorite restaurants in town and I was so proud of myself.  Instead of getting a big juicy cheeseburger, or a giant skillet of macaroni and cheese, I got a turkey burger with no bun and fruit instead of fries.  It was so hard to order this.  I wanted almost everything else on the menu.  And no fries!?  That's just crazy.  But you guys, I did it.  And I have to say, it was delicious.

Turkey Burger
Scratch on Lake
Oak Park, IL

I was not looking forward to this.  First of all, I felt like a crazy person ordering my burger with no bun.  I've become one of those annoying people at restaurants who has a million special requests. 

But....my burger came and it was delicious!  They must do something to this turkey burger like soak it in butter or something, because it was one of the best turkey burgers I've ever had.  I almost didn't miss the bun and the beef!  I will admit though, I did miss the fries.

Grades: 

Megan - A (This was surprisingly good!  I think the cheese on top helped make it delicious, but the turkey was juicy and it was packed full of flavor.  Imagine how good it would be with a bun!)

No comments:

Post a Comment