Search this blog

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

September 6th

Sometimes You Need A Little Gravy

I've been doing really well with my healthy eating, but sometimes you need a little gravy in your life. Honestly, as far as gravies go, this gravy is really not too bad for you.  I lightened it up by using milk instead of heavy cream.  I didn't have corn starch to thicken it so it was a little runny, but you could use a tiny bit of flour too.

Pork Loin with Wine and Herb Gravy
recipe from: https://www.seasonsandsuppers.ca/pork-loin-wine-herbs/
This was so easy to make and tasted really decadent even though it wasn't really.  The pork is lean and the sauce is mostly chicken broth and wine.  I'm sure if you use the heavy cream this gravy will be dreamy.  I still really liked it with just milk.  Like I said, you might just need to thicken it up a bit.

Grades:

Megan - A- (Tender, lean pork and a flavorful, rich gravy that still doesn't break the diet bank...yes, please!

Noelle - B+ (Noelle usually likes pork and this was no exception.  She didn't seem to think it was a new favorite food, but she ate it pretty happily without much to say.)

No comments:

Post a Comment