Search this blog

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

September 24th

Sometimes It Just Doesn't Work Out

Not all meals can be superstars.  This one sounded promising because, yum, Buffalo chicken.  But the actual final product didn't turn out quite as well as I had pictured.

Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
recipe inspired from: https://www.skinnytaste.com/crock-pot-buffalo-chicken-lettuce-wraps/
I changed these up a bit from the recipe on the original blog.  I made my own buffalo sauce with Franks Red Hot and butter.  Then I just poured it over the chicken.  I used shredded cheddar because I didn't have blue cheese, but blue cheese would have been way better. 

I think the main problem with these was that I put too much sauce.  Since there was no bun to sop up the sauce, it was just a drippy mess.  I probably wouldn't make this again because you just need the bun, but if I did make it again, I would add less sauce and use blue cheese.

I made parsnip chips with them though that were amazing!

Grades:

Megan - D (These had all the flavor but they were just too runny and messy.  You really need a bun with the buffalo chicken to sop up all that amazing buffalo sauce.  You also must have blue cheese.)

Noelle - This was too spicy for Noelle and involved lettuce so I knew she would hate it.  She didn't try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment