Search this blog

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

September 8th

A Carrot Surprise

I have been wanting to try this recipe for a long time.  It is tacos, but the shell is made out of carrots and cheese.  I have to say, it was a lot easier to make and turned out way better than I expected.  Honestly, I could hardly even tell that they weren't regular soft taco shells.

Healthy Carrot Taco Shells
recipe from: https://www.sweetashoney.co/healthy-taco-shells-recipe-baked/
Pictured is Doug's luxurious plate.  Unfortunately, my plate had no guacamole, chips, or beans...just tacos. 
Look at those shells though!  They are carb-free, made out of carrots, and they don't really even look weird!  I would make these again in a heart-beat.  Just a few things to keep in mind though...grating the carrots is hard work.  Next time I think I will try buying pre-shredded carrots and wither just use those as they are, or chop them up in the food processor a bit.  Also, I can't lie to you.  These are obviously more time consuming than just opening up a package of pre-made tortillas.  But, they are healthier because they are low-carb, they have veggies in them, and you know all the ingredients you are putting in...no hidden chemicals or preservatives here! 
Tacos are such a quick meal, you could spend a little extra time making the shells and see for yourself how well they hold up!

Grades : 

Megan - A (I really thought these would turn out strange and taste even weirder.  But I was wrong!  They were delicious, the texture was fine, and they didn't fall apart! Perfect for when you want tacos, but you don't want the carbs, and you don't want a taco salad.)

Noelle - A (I thought Noelle would realize right away that something was fishy [or carroty] about these shells.  But she didn't even seem to notice and happily chomped away on her taco.)

No comments:

Post a Comment