Search this blog

Sunday, November 19, 2017

September 23rd

Hail Caesar!

Another night out to dinner and another night of trying to be a healthy at a restaurant.  It's exhausting resisting all these temptations.  I just have to keep reminding myself..."think of the results, think of the results."

Caesar Salad with Shrimp
Tribes Ale House
Tinley Park, IL

This restaurant has my favorite lobster roll.  They give you a nice, soft bun piled with lobster and then get this...they give you a little cup of melted butter to drizzle over it.  OMG...I'm drooling writing this.  They also have an amazing beer list.
So, now that I've talked about the things I didn't order....what I did have was a Caesar Salad with shrimp (with the dressing on the side and no croutons).  I've had many Caesar Salads in my day, and I have to admit, this was not the best of them.  Next time hopefully I won't be on a diet and I can splurge on that lobster roll I was telling you about.

Grades:

Megan - C (Not the greatest Caesar Salad.  The dressing wasn't the best and there really wasn't much else to the salad.  The shrimp were pretty good.  I wished there were more though.)

Noelle - D (Of course, Noelle didn't have the salad.  Instead she had Mac and Cheese.  I think this is one of the first times, she did not like her macaroni and cheese.  She's had it lots of places and usually is a big fan.  She doesn't really care if it's "kid" mac and cheese [like Kraft] or more of a homemade style.  This one though, she just wasn't into.  I tried some of hers and I have to agree with her.  It was weird, it pretty much tasted like nothing.  Flavorless.  I don't know how you make mac and cheese flavorless, but they did it.  Maybe she should try the lobster roll too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment