Search this blog

Thursday, November 16, 2017

September 17th

Make it Fancy

Sometimes you can take a plain, classic meal and change a few things to "fancify" it.  Sometimes fancier doesn't mean better and sometimes it does.  With this recipe I don't know if I'd say it's better because the original is pretty tough to beat.  I would say that it's different...in a good way.

Oven Roasted BLT with Tangy Mayo
recipe from: http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/oven-roasted-blt-with-tangy-mayo-michael-symon
I'm not going to lie - for this recipe I was feeling slightly lazy, so I didn't make the may from scratch.  I think if I would've had Miracle Whip it would've been perfect.  But, I didn't have any so I used regular mayo and added vinegar to give it a tang.  However, I have made this mayo from scratch before and it is worth the extra time.  It makes a difference and tastes better.  Plus, I feel like it's healthier because you know what's going into it.

Roasting the tomatoes also adds an additional layer of flavor to the sandwich that you don't usually get with a regular BLT. 

I also used turkey bacon instead of regular because, diet.  The turkey bacon was good, but regular bacon is far superior.  If you aren't watching you diet or are up for a splurge, I'd go with the regular bacon for sure.

Grades:

Megan - A (I've made this before tonight and I'll make it again.  It's a great summer meal when you have those fresh tomatoes.  It also is a nice change-up from a traditional BLT)

Noelle - A (I didn't think Noelle really liked bacon, but she loved this sandwich and the bacon in it.  I didn't give her lettuce or onions on hers, but she had everything else.  When she was eating it she got so excited about the bacon that she literally said, "Yay, a bacon bite.  Hip, Hip, Hooray!!")

No comments:

Post a Comment