Search this blog

Monday, November 6, 2017

September 1st

Counting Cashews

So for my diet there are a limited number of nuts I can eat.  I was pretty excited to eat some cashews tonight until I realized that with the nutrition plan, I could only have 8 cashews.  That's right, only 8.  In the past, 8 Cashews would've been one bite for me.  But, I'm trying to stick to the plan, so tonight I counted my cashews.  There were only 8, but let me tell you, those 8 cashews were delicious!

Strawberry, Spinach, Quinoa, Cashew Salad
recipe from: http://juliasalbum.com/2014/07/strawberry-quinoa-spinach-cashew-salad/
I modified this recipe, kind of a lot.  My strawberries were rotten, so I used blackberries intstead.  I also had no red pepper and I used romaine instead of spinach.  It was still delicious though...especially those cashews (the picture is obviously Doug's salad because it has way more than 8 cashews).

Grades:

Megan - B+ (I liked the salad and thought the dressing was especially tasty.  Next time I'll have to try it with the strawberries.)

Noelle - Noelle wouldn't have toughed this so I didn't even try.

No comments:

Post a Comment