Search this blog

Saturday, November 25, 2017

October 4th

Zoogehetti with Meat Sauce

Lately I have been craving a good, old fashioned spaghetti and meat sauce.  But, my diet doesn't really allow for pasta, so I thought why not give it a try with zoodles instead?

Zoodles with Meat Sauce 
This was another crazy easy dinner.  I spiralized some zucchini, cooked some ground beef, and added a jar of marinara sauce.  Poured it over the zoodles and voila, dinner is served. 

As you can see from my photo, the zoodles let out a little too much water and made my sauce a bit runny.  Next time I'll cook the zoodles in a separate pan from the sauce in order to get all the water out.  Then I'll just pour the sauce over them.

Grades:

Megan - B+ (If the sauce wasn't runny, this would have been much better.  I liked the texture of the meat with the zoodles and the sauce hid the flavor of the zucchini well so it felt a bit like you were eating pasta.)

Noelle - B- (I told Noelle she was having spaghetti and said nothing about the zoodles.  When I showed her the dinner she immediately said, "This isn't the kind [of spaghetti] I like." I told her it was zoodles and asked her to try it.  Once she tried it I could tell she was still a  little suspicious, but she ate almost all of it. Yay- my first successful zoodle recipe with Noelle!)

No comments:

Post a Comment