Search this blog

Friday, November 24, 2017

September 30th

A Retirement Celebration

My dad retired - hooray!!  Tonight we took him out to dinner to celebrate his retirement.  We decided on Pappadeux Seafood because it looked like a lively fun place to celebrate and the menu looked delicious.  What we didn't consider was that they didn't take reservations and when we got there the wait was about 2.5 hours.  We called around to some other restaurants and found that pretty much everywhere had that long of a wait, so we waited!

Tilapia Piccata
Pappadeux Seafood Kitchen
Westmont, IL

Ok, so waiting 2.5 hours with a 2 year old and a one year old and then an hour plus long dinner....start thinking of entertainment options!
Luckily there were some tables outside and we were able to grab one.  We ordered some appetizers and drinks at the bar and brought them outside to our table.  That worked wonderfully and took up a lot of the wait time.  Actually I ended up not minding the wait so much because it was nice to visit with family.  The only downside was that it was a little chilly out.  But, nothing a couple of cocktails couldn't warm up!
They also had a really nice outdoor area with a fountain and beautiful flowers/plants so the girls got to run around there and throw a lot of pennies into the fountain.  When we finally got our table we got a really nice quiet corner.
I was worried the food would never live up to the hunger we were all feeling after that long wait, but boy was I wrong.  The food was AMAZING.  I am not a seafood lover as you know if you read this blog, but I would eat any seafood from there!
I had a tilapia picatta.  It had a lemon caper sauce and little crab claws in it too.  I can't wait to go back and try something new (or maybe try the same thing again!)

Grades:

Megan - A (I would've biven this an A+, except for the wait.  But my food was so, so good.  I want to go back on a weeknight when the wait isn't so long.)

Noelle - A (I honestly can't really remember what Noelle had because I was too busy enjoying every little morsel of my own food.  I think she had macaroni and cheese.  Whatever it was, I know she loved it and ate it all.  She also really loved the crackers on the table and the bread basket they brought out.)

No comments:

Post a Comment