Search this blog

Friday, November 24, 2017

September 29th

Taco Twist

Tacos have always been one of my go-to meals because they are so easy and so delicious.  These are tacos with a twist.  Instead of the traditional Mexican flavors, they have Korean BBQ inspired flavors.  And let me tell you, the twist is good.

Korean Pulled Pork Tacos
recipe from: https://www.recipost.com/products/korean-pulled-pork-tacos
Ignore how strange my picture looks.  I only had giant burrito tortillas, so I cut them in half to make taco tortillas.  Just don't look at that and instead notice how colorful and beautiful looking these are.  I didn't use Kimchi because Doug despises cabbage (especially fermented cabbage), but if you use that they would be even more colorful and flavorful!
These seem a little intimidating because of the time they take, but most of that time is spent with the meat just cooking in the oven and you aren't really doing anything but waiting.  I think this recipe would also work great in a slow cooker so you could set it in the morning and it will be ready when you get home.

Grades:

Megan - A (I was nervous about these but the flavor was spectacular.  Next time I'll try mine with a little kimchi on top too!)

Noelle -  A (Noelle had her taco with just pork because she doesn't really like onions or cilantro.  She loved it!  I was worried she would be shocked by the flavor of the beef, but nope.  She ate it all up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment