Search this blog

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

October 6th

So Squashy

I'm not the biggest fan of squash.  However usually when I roast it and add some extra ingredients to it, I really end up liking it.  This salad was good and the squash was fantastic.  There was just a little too much of it in there.

Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
recipe from: https://www.lemontreedwelling.com/2014/11/roasted-butternut-squash-salad.html
The combination of the roasted, caramelized squash, the sweet cranberries, and the tart goat cheese is perfect together.  This is really the ultimate fall salad.  I will be making it again for sure. 

Grades:

Megan - A- (This would be great as a fall side dish or even a Thanksgiving side.  We had it as a main dish and it was great for that too.  Very filling and fallish.  The only change I would make is maybe add a little less squash because the squash to lettuce ratio was a little off.)

Noelle - F (I didn't try to give Noelle the salad, but I did have some of the roasted squash left over, so I gave her that with her dinner.  She has started a new thing lately of when she doesn't like something she says really fakely, "mmm...I like it." Well, she tried the squash and said she liked it, but then she didn't eat any more of it, so I guess she didn't really like it.  She is the strangest kid though and loves nuts [I thought all kids hated nuts], so she did pick all the nuts out of the squash and eat those.)

No comments:

Post a Comment