Search this blog

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

September 7th

Salads are For Fall Too

Our weekly salads are still going strong, but as the weather is getting cooler, I am trying to make them more Fallish.  This one has all the fall feels in it.  Cranberries, squash, and pumpkin seeds.  How much more fall can you fit into one bowl?

Butternut Squash and Cranberry Quinoa Salad
recipe from: http://www.littlebroken.com/2014/10/19/butternut-squash-and-cranberry-quinoa-salad/

My salad wasn't quite as full of fall flavors as it should have been because I omitted the pumpkin seeds.  It still was delicious though!  The squash was good with the dressing and the cranberries gave nice bites of sweetness.  The red onion pulled it all together into one flavor packed salad. 

Grades:

Megan - A (The dressing really pulls all the flavors together in this dish and the cranberries are delicious.  Next time I'll have to try it with the pumpkin seeds.  We ate it as a main dish, but like most salads, it would also be good as a side dish.)

Noelle - I didn't try to get Noelle to eat this salad, but I did give her some of the squash and she wasn't really into it.  I told her that when she was a baby she loved squash (because she did), but that didn't convince her either.  Oh well, we'll try again next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment