Search this blog

Thursday, July 27, 2017

June 28th

Blossoms

I planted a zucchini plant in the spring solely for eating the blossoms.  That being said, we have not gotten any zucchini.  But, we have been enjoying a lot of squash blossoms.  If you've never tried them, you should because they are amazing.

Blackberry Balsamic Grilled Chicken Salad with Crispy Fried Goat Cheese
recipe from: http://www.closetcooking.com/2016/07/blackberry-balsamic-grilled-chicken.html


This was a good one.  Instead of using fried goat cheese, we had a few zucchini blossoms ready to harvest.  I stuffed them with goat cheese and fried them up.  They were perfect with the salad and I loved how creamy the goat cheese was with the crisp lettuce.  If you don't have blossoms, it would be just as good with the fried goat cheese like the recipe calls for.

Grades:

Megan - A (Healthyish, creamy, sweet, and perfect for a hot summer day)

Noelle - Noelle still isn't a fan of salad so I didn't give her this for dinner.  She is getting better though and will now ask to try some of my salad.  After a bite though it's still a quick, "no thank you, I don't want any more."

No comments:

Post a Comment