Search this blog

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

June 10th

Happy Birthday Doug!

Tonight we went out to dinner for an early birthday celebration for Doug.  He chose the place and we took a nice little family walk to the restaurant.

Boar Bolognese
Citrine
Oak Park, IL

I have been to Citrine before and LOVED their burger.  I really, really, really wanted to order the burger again, but I stuck to my challenge with this blog and ordered something different since I already had that burger this year. 
I was limited in my choices to something without too many crunchy things in it because you know...wisdom teeth healing.  I opted for the boar bolognese because it sounded interesting and I've never tried boar before.  It was very good, but I was still missing the burger.

Grades:

Megan - A- (The pasta was good, just not as good as the burger.  I feel that Citrine has a nice atmosphere and a great patio which is where we sat.  However, every time I go there I feel it is a bit overpriced.  The burger is a good deal and delicious.  Go for that!)

Noelle - A- (Noelle loved the bread and olive oil dipping they brought to the table before dinner.  She had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and liked it.  She loved that she got a scoop of ice cream at the end of the meal!  And sitting outside was very entertaining for her because she loved watching the trains go by as we ate.)

No comments:

Post a Comment