Search this blog

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

June 17th

The D

We took a mini vacation/roadtrip to Detroit for the weekend.  One of Detroit's many nicknames is the D.  I don't think the D stands for Detroit though, I think it stands for delicious!
We had never been to Detroit and honestly I didn't have very high expectations for it since I know it is a city that has fallen upon hard times.  However, we heard Detroit is on the upswing and thought we'd check it out.  I was pleasantly surprised!
The city felt deserted at times and there are definitely many run down homes and buildings, but there are also many new restaurants and stores which were fantastic.  I was happy we made the trek out there and most likely will visit Detroit again in the future.

Shrimp Tacos
Batch Brewery
Detroit, MI

Detroit is full of hip, new breweries.  This one was great because they had a fantastic outdoor and indoor seating area.  They had great beers (we did a flight, so I can't really remember all the ones we tried), really good food, board games, and even beer slushies (Sounds weird, but Doug had one and it was really good!) If you're in Detroit, I would recommend it for sure!

Grades:

Megan - A (My beer was great and my tacos were fantastic.  Although it was more like shrimp batter tacos since I took almost all the shrimp out of the spicy batter for Noelle to eat.)

Noelle - A (My tacos were to be shared with Noelle but they ended up being quite spicy.  So, I took the shrimp out of the batter in the tacos and gave them to her like that.  She loved it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment