Search this blog

Friday, July 7, 2017

June 15th

Needing an Update

Tonight we took Noelle to Rainforest Cafe for dinner.  I remember going as a kid and being amazed by the animatronic animals and the periodic storm that rolled through the restaurant.  I'm pretty sure everything in there is exactly the same as when I was a kid.  Noelle still loved it, but I think the animals could use a little updating. :)

Guacamole Burger
Rainforest Cafe
Chicago, IL

The food was decent.  I wasn't expecting much since I know the restaurant is basically a huge tourist trap.  My burger tasted good.  It was overpriced, but again I expected that.  My biggest disappointment was that I always remembered Rainforest Cafe having waffle fries and tonight it was just regular fries.  Maybe my memory is wrong, or maybe they changed the menu in the past 15 years since I've been there.  But, it got me thinking...why doesn't everywhere have waffle fries.  In my opinion they are far superior to other fry types.

Grades:

Megan - B+ (My food was good, not great.  The best part was seeing Noelle's excitement about the restaurant.)

Noelle - A (Noelle had pizza which she loved.  She also really enjoyed looking at the animals and the storms.  And she loved seeing the person dressed up as a big frog walking around.  However, her favorite part was when a balloon animal guy came to the table and made her a turtle balloon.  She really loved that balloon.  She was super careful with it everyday because she knew it was fragile.  It had a prominent place on her dresser where she would put it every night when she went to bed.  Sadly, after a while the balloon turtle started to deflate and had to be secretly thrown away.  Luckily it was replaced by something new she got from a different restaurant, so she didn't really notice.  Whew!)

No comments:

Post a Comment