Search this blog

Saturday, July 29, 2017

July 9th

Fresh From the Wick Farm

I have never planted a vegetable garden before, but I have a small one this year and I love it!  There is something special about eating a vegetable you grew and picked yourself.  As I said before, I planted a zucchini plant just because I wanted to eat the blossoms.  Our zucchini plant has gotten huge, taken over the garden, and given us lots of nice blossoms to eat!

Zucchini Blossom Quesadillas





So these are just cheese quesadillas with chopped squash blossoms inside.  I used chihuahua cheese and put a tomato, onion, and lime juice pico de gallo on top.  They tasted great because quesadillas are delicious, but I was disappointed that I couldn't really taste the blossoms.  I think the other ingredients over powered them since they don't really have a strong taste. 

Grades:

Megan - A- (Like I said, they tastes good, but I couldn't taste the blossoms which made me sad because I felt like I wasted some of our precious blossoms.)

Noelle - A (Noelle loves quesadillas and since the blossoms didn't really chance the taste, she acted as if these were any old quesadillas and ate them all up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment