Search this blog

Thursday, July 27, 2017

July 3rd

Apres Ski Sun

Mont Tremblant is a ski resort in the winter and every ski resort MUST have a fondue restaurant.  Well, fondue happens to be my favorite food, so even though it was summer, we had to go.  They also had Raclette cheese, which I have been wanting to try for a while.

Beef Cooked in Red Wine Fondue and Raclette Cheese
La Savoie
Mont Tremblant, Canada

I really wanted to get the Raclette entree where they bring out a huge wheel of cheese and a warmer.  Then as the cheese melts, you just scrape the ooey cheesy goodness right on top of your food.  However, the food that came with the cheese didn't sound quite as appealing and it sounded like an awful lot of cheese.  So, we opted to get the raclette appetizer which came pre-melted on a plate for us to eat with bread.  It was so good!  The perfect stinky French cheese. 
For our entree we had beef fondue, but instead of cooking it in oil like we do at the place we like in Chicago, we cooked it in red wine.  I honestly couldn't taste the wine and think I prefer the oil.  It was still really, really good though with lots of different sauces to dip the meat in.  Check this place out if you like fondue.  It's a little pricey, but it was worth it.  And it would be absolutely perfect in the winter after skiing.

Grades:

Megan - A+ (I got to try a new cheese and eat my favorite thing - fondue.)

Noelle - I missed Noelle on our trip but was reminded of how easy everything was before having a kid and loved every second of just being able to go out wherever we wanted.  Plus, I knew she was having a great time and was in good hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment