Search this blog

Saturday, July 29, 2017

July 10th

Who Knew?

Who knew that french bread comes in a can in the refrigerated section and you can unroll it into a flat dough.  Maybe that's obvious, but I had no idea.  It sure made this sandwich easy to make!

Ham And Swiss Stromboli
recipe from: http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2016/03/ham-and-swiss-stromboli.html





This was so, so easy and pretty tasty.  The canned french bread baked up really nice and crisp on the outside.  I think I'll have to use that stuff again sometime.  I liked the flavor the green onions added and the swiss cheese was delicious.

Grades:

Megan - A (Basically a melty, crusty, ham and cheese sandwich - you really can't go wrong!)

Noelle - A- (Noelle was having conflicting thoughts with this one.  When she first tasted it, I think she was a little surprised by the swiss cheese taste and said she didn't like it.  She also was a bit suspicious of the green things in there.  After a bite she told me, "I'm thinking about just eating the bread."  I said ok and she proceeded to try to eat the bread around the sandwich.  However, in the meantime she was getting bits of the rest of the sandwich in each bite which I think got her used to the flavor.  She then commented, "It's a good sandwich." and ate the whole thing even though she "didn't like it.")

No comments:

Post a Comment