Search this blog

Monday, May 8, 2017

May 5th

Ay Caramba

I was going to make some yummy steak enchiladas for dinner (they'll still be coming soon), but I got home really late and thought, "we'll just order mexican food because it will be quicker."  Boy was I wrong.  I knew places would be busy for Cinco De Mayo, but this was ridiculous.

I ended up waiting 2 hours from the time I ordered for our food to be ready.  I don't think I have ever waited for food that long.  Ever.  I would have just said forget it, but I ordered online, had already paid, I really wanted those tacos, and if I didn't get it we'd have nothing to eat.  Plus after I had already waited a while I felt committed and like I had to stick it out.

Steak and Chicken Tacos
La Parillita
River Forest, IL

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this restaurant.  It has the best tacos and the best horchata I have ever had.  I did not love it tonight.  My food was still great, but the wait and the way they handled the wait was no bueno.  I was told when I walked in that my food would be ready "in a few minutes."  an hour and forty minutes alter, I finally walked out with my food. 
I would still recommend this place, just never on Cinco de Mayo.  I have been there multiple other times and the food has been quick with incredible service.  I'll be going back, and if you're in the area, you should try it too.
Thank goodness Doug had a margarita waiting for me when I got home.

Grades:

Megan - A+ (I'm going to grade on the food and the service I usually receive rather than the service I received tonight.  This place is top notch.  Just don't go on Cinco de Mayo.)

Noelle - Noelle was long asleep by the time our food finally arrived, so she did not have this one.  But, she has eaten there before and loves it too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment