Search this blog

Friday, May 5, 2017

May 2nd

Easy Peasy

There aren't too many dinners that get easier than this.  Just throw everything in a skillet and voila - dinner is done.  The author of the recipe says she even uses jarred minced garlic and onions so you don't even need a cutting board!

10 Minute Beef Teriyaki Skillet
recipe from: http://www.theseasonedmom.com/10-minute-beef-teriyaki-skillet/





I served this with some rice and I also added a bag of stir fry vegetables that was not originally in the recipe.  I feel like the veggies added sustenance and some nutrition.  I used Trader Joes Soyaki sauce and it worked great.  I'm sure regular teriyaki sauce would be even better!

Grades:

Megan - B (I liked this and really liked how easy it was.  I thought it was a little salty though [I think due to the sauce I used] and I have made a korean beef dish before that is very similar to this but spicy and I liked that one better.  Search for it on the blog if you want to see more.)

Noelle - D- (Noelle was ok with eating this even though I could tell she didn't like it very much.  She was eating the beef and the rice.  She said "the rice is my favorite."  Then I got crazy and asked her if she wanted to try one of the crunchy water chestnuts in it.  She was all excited...until she put it in her mouth.  She started gagging and literally almost making herself throw up from it.  A little dramatic, huh?  After that I was mad at her for her crazy reaction and she did not wan any more.  Dinner over.)

No comments:

Post a Comment