Search this blog

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

April 28th

Birthday Dinner

Tonight we went out to celebrate my birthday!  I didn't have to cook, I got to eat delicious food, and have spectacular drinks with my husband.  And I didn't have to help feed a toddler while I was enjoying it...perfect!

Slagel Farms Burger
Citrine
Oak Park, IL

Citrine is a restaurant that we have been wanting to go to a while now and we finally pulled the trigger.  It's definitely a treat since it is an upscale restaurant and is pretty fancy (and expensive). 
The atmosphere is beautiful and it really has a "city feel."  Our service was good and the food was fantastic.  I'd recommend it for a special night out.
 I had the Slagel Farms Burger which has Gruyere, Garlic Paprika Aioli, Zucchini Pickles, Lettuce, and Tomato.  Yum - I consider myself kind of a burger connoisseur because I order them a lot and love them.  This is the best I've had in a while!
Doug had the rack of lamb which also came with Merguez sausage and a parsnip puree.  He said it was very good.  It looked like a little small of a portion, but maybe that was just compared to my gigantic burger.

Grades:

Megan - A (My burger was perfectly cooked and had really great seasoning.  The fires were also delicious.  The restaurant called them "Kennebec fries" which I guess is a certain type of potato.  They tasted like they had some kind of cinnamon seasoning on them though.  It was a unique and delicious flavor.)

Noelle - Noelle was at home enjoying pizza with her Uncle Mike and Aunt Katlyn.  Thanks for babysitting guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment