Search this blog

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

May 13th

Mother's Day Part 1

Tonight we went out to dinner with my mom, dad, sister, and her family to celebrate Mother's Day.  I picked the restaurant and I think I made a good choice. 

Maya Del Sol
Oak Park, IL

In my opinion, Maya is a little overpriced.  However, that being said...the food has never disappointed me, the drinks are delicious, and their outdoor patio is amazing.  I was happy with everything we ate.  Here it is:

appetizers:
- sampler platter with beef nachos, ceviche, and a cheese tamale
- Avocado Relleno which was kind of like tuna sushi without the rice and seaweed, but wrapped up in a cucumber instead

my entree:
- fried fish tacos

my drink:
- pepinito - this drink was so, so, so amazing.  There was a place in NYC right by our apartment that had a drink almost exactly like this that I loved and I'm so happy to know I can get it close to home now too.  It is a spicy cucumbery drink.  It's ecto-cooler green and delish.

Grades:

Megan - A (I would give it an A+, but I think it's a little pricey.)

Noelle - A (Noelle had some ceviche for an appetizer and liked that.  Then she had quesadillas with rice and beans for her dinner and loved them.  She ate an incredible amount of food for her size.)

No comments:

Post a Comment