Search this blog

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

May 28th

I Miss You Buffalo Chicken

Doug and I were talking about how we felt that less restaurants have buffalo chicken sandwiches on their menu than they used to.  I love a good buffalo chicken sandwich and it was Sandwich Sunday, so here we go!

Buffalo Chicken French Breads
recipe from: http://www.howsweeteats.com/2012/12/serious-buffalo-chicken-french-breads/




The only thing I changed in this recipe was that I didn't use the ranch dressing because I didn't have any.  It would have been delicious on it though.  I think blue cheese dressing would work great too.  I love blue cheese, so I sprinkled lots on top of mine.  Doug hates it, so he didn't have any.  I made the buffalo sauce with a recipe I found online and it turned out great.  (here's the recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/219109/buffalo-chicken-wing-sauce/)

Bonus Gardening Tip:
While I was making this, I thought I'd share my green onion secret.  Typically recipes call for just a few green onions.  But, you always have to buy a huge package of them and then they just go bad in my fridge.  I found out that you can cut the green part off the green onions and keep the white part with the root on it.  Then put the roots either in a vase with water, or plant them in dirt.  Green onions will grow, you can cut them off, and they will grown again.  You will have an endless supply of green onions!  I planted my little roots in my herb garden and now I have green onions ready for me all summer long!

Grades:

Megan - A (This sandwich was so good.  Cheesy and spicy and gigantic.)

Noelle - B (Noelle didn't have a buffalo chicken sandwich because I think it would be too spicy for her.  She just ate the chicken from the sandwich without buffalo sauce.  I tried to tell her it was chicken nuggets, but she didn't buy it.  She liked them anyway.  I also gave her some of the carrots and told her they were "carrot fries."  She didn't believe that either.  She said, "I just want you to take the carrots out so they are just fries.  Not carrot fries."  I guess I should stop trying to trick her.)

No comments:

Post a Comment