Search this blog

Sunday, May 21, 2017

May 16th

Potchos

I heard that the White Sox Baseball field (I don't know what the name of it is nowadays) serves totchos which are tater tot nachos.  I thought that sounded amazingly delicious, so when I saw this recipe, I thought I should try it.  My name for this dish isn't great...it could be a little misleading. 

Steak and Potato Nachos
recipe from: https://www.buzzfeed.com/robertbroadfoot/nacho-gods?utm_term=.lw3dKMd9r#.bxpPlZP7n





Things that made these good:

  • lots of cheese 
  • steak
  • nice roasted potato slices (are nachos healthier with potatoes than tortilla chips??)
  • sour cream
Things that would have made these better:
  • nacho cheese sauce instead of shredded cheese
 If you like to sound fancy, you might say something like, "Oh, I prefer my nachos with real melted shredded cheese on top." But if you are being realistic, you should just admit that nacho cheese sauce is far superior.  Who cares if it's not real cheese.  It's delicious.  And one thing you might not know about me is that I despise shredded cheese on nachos.  It doesn't melt well, and it gets all hard and greasy and weird.  Once I ordered nachos and they came with melted shredded cheese and it actually made me cry! Ok - there were some other reasons for the tears too, but the cheese put me over the top. Everywhere should try to stop being fancy with their real cheese and use the sauce!

Grades:

Megan - B+ (These would've been an A if they had nacho cheese sauce.  They tasted like a loaded baked potato and tricked me into feeling healthy because there were no chips in my nachos.)

Noelle - D (I thought Noelle would like this one, but she'd been picky lately so who knows.  She ate a little of the steak but really was not interested in the cheesy potatoes.  I even tried to tell her they were like fries, but she wasn't buying.)

No comments:

Post a Comment