Search this blog

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

March 7th

Frenchy

A lot people have tried sweet crepes, but if you've never tried a savory one, you must!  They are pockets of deliciousness.

Leek Crepes
recipe from: The French Kitchen Cookbook


Buttery leeks in warm, melted goat cheese with just a dash of nutmeg = perfection.

Crepes can take a little while to learn how to make correctly (I still haven't masted it and had a couple I had to throw out).  I think the trick is to make sure the batter is thin so it can spread easily and to spread the batter on the pan quickly before it cooks too much and the crepe becomes too thick.  I think I'll have to make more crepes soon...for practice.

Grades:

Megan - A+ (I really love crepes and these turned out really tasty. I can't wait to make more flavors.)

Doug - A-

Noelle - D (Noelle was excitedly shouting "yay pancakes!" when she sat down at the table [which I guess is my fault because I told her crepes were kind of like pancakes] but then she took a bite and lost all excitement.  From the look on her face, I'd say she was thinking, "Um, mom.  These are not pancakes."  I only was able to get her to take a few bites.  Then, when I asked her if she wanted more she replied, "No, I'm busy chewing my potatoes mom."  Ok...that just meant more crepes for me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment