Search this blog

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

March 27th

No Carb Craze

I'm never really on a diet (even though I probably should be), but I do try to limit my carb intake on a regular basis.  I've made these many times and they are perfect for those no carb, gluten free people out there and the regular carb and gluten eaters too!

Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
recipe from: http://peaceloveandlowcarb.com/philly-cheesesteak-stuffed-peppers-low-carb-gluten-free/





These are so quick and easy to make, but are packed with flavor.  They aren't as good as a real Philly cheesesteak sandwich because, let's be honest, nothing can beat real bread.  But, these are a perfect low-carb gluten-free substitute. 

The only change I made was that I baked the empty peppers a bit before stuffing them in an attempt to make them less crispy.  I think it helped, but they were still pretty crisp.

Grades:

Megan - A- (I love the flavors.  I just wish the peppers were not so crispy and were more cooked.)

Noelle - D+ (I figured going in that Noelle would hate these because she really doesn't like bell peppers.  I considered scraping out the stuffing and not even showing her the bell pepper, but I decided to keep it as is because exposure.  Well, as predicted she saw that pepper and immediately said, "I don't like it!"  I sang a of little Daniel Tiger's "You gotta try new foods cause they might taste good" song and told her she had to try it.  She ate a little bit of the filling.  Then she started talking about being like Katarina and eating the pepper [I don't know...maybe that happened on today's episode?].  She picked up the pepper and I thought she was going to try it, but a lick was all it took and she immediately put it down and said "no thank you!"  At least she ate some filling.)

No comments:

Post a Comment