Search this blog

Sunday, March 12, 2017

March 3rd

A Special Noelle and Mommy Dinner

Doug was out for the night, so I decided Noelle and I should have a special mommy-daughter dinner.  It was mostly in my self-interest because I wanted ice cream, but I decided we'd go to Culver's for our "special dinner."

Culver's
Berwyn, IL

One great thing about living in the Midwest again is Culver's.  I don't go there often, but when I do I love it.  They have butterburgers, cheese curds, and frozen custard.  Plus many, many more yummy dishes.  It's better quality than other fast food chains, but still fast food.  It's rare that I take Noelle to a fast food restaurant, so she was pretty excited.  I thought we would have a quick dinner and get home to put Noelle to bed, but I forgot who I was with.  There's no such thing as a quick meal with Noelle, especially when it's something she really likes.  We were eating at Culvers for just under an hour and a half.  Yep - an hour and a half dinner at a fast food restaurant.  And I'm pretty sure Noelle would've stayed longer and kept eating if I would've let her.  She had to eat everything.  Every. Single. Bite.

Grades:

Megan - A (I had a fried cod sandwich, cheese curds, and shared Noelle's ice cream.  Goodbye health, hello deliciousness!)

Doug - Doug was out being fancy at the opera so he missed our non-fancy dinner.

Noelle - A+ (Like I said, Noelle ate every bite.  It was a lot of food for a kid, especially a little two year old.  She had chicken fingers, fries, and chocolate frozen custard with strawberries.  She wasn't really into talking to me, but loved creepily staring at people in the tables near us and kind of joining in on their conversations.  She loved dipping her chicken in the sweet and sour sauce and was so excited about the ice cream at the end.)

No comments:

Post a Comment