Search this blog

Sunday, March 26, 2017

March 25th

Be.Cha.Mel.

If you've never had something with bechamel on it, you're missing out.  It's a creamy, thick sauce with a hint of nutmeg.  I think you could put it on anything and that dish would be instantly improved.

Greek Moussaka
recipe from: http://12tomatoes.com/greek-recipe-mouthwatering-moussaka/


Moussaka is kind of like a Greek lasagna.  It doesn't have pasta, but instead has layers of potatoes, eggplant, and ground beef.  Then it is topped off with a creamy bechamel sauce.
My moussaka didn't really look how it was supposed to and that's because the thing I am worst at is letting dishes sit to cool a bit before serving.  I took this out of the oven and tried dishing it up right away.  It was so hot that all the layers kind of just melted into a big delicious blob.
Despite the way it looked, it still tasted really good.  I'm not sure it tasted exactly like moussaka I've had in Greek restaurants, but it tasted good either way.
This recipe was a little time-consuming because there were so many steps.  It's definitely more of a weekend dinner than weeknight, but it's totally doable.

Grades:

Megan - A- (I thought this had great flavor and the bechamel made it nice and creamy and rich.  I only gave it the minus because it didn't really taste like moussaka to me.)

Noelle - D- (Noelle started out by eating just the potatoes and seemed okay with them.  She was also really excited by the way I was saying moussaka to her.  However, once she started eating bites of everything mixed together, she was no longer excited.  I guess she's like every other kids in the world and doesn't like her food all mixed together.)

No comments:

Post a Comment