Search this blog

Monday, March 20, 2017

March 18th

Bye Doug

Doug has decided that he doesn't like grading the dinners.  He says it takes away from his enjoyment from the meal.  So, it's just Noelle and I grading from now on.  Not a big loss...Doug's grades were always pretty boring anyway :)

Indonesian Honey Garlic Chicken
recipe from: http://littlespicejar.com/indonesian-honey-garlic-chicken/


I get a lot of recipes off pinterest and this is one of them.  I really like this woman's blog.  She has great photos...something that I could really work on.  But, like I said, I like to keep my photos real.  I can't believe that normal people really serve dinners that look that picture perfect on a regular basis...or maybe mine are just unusually bad looking?
Either way, this is a simple dinner.  I changed a couple things from the recipe:
- I made it with chicken breasts instead of thighs.  It was fine, but the thighs would have given it more flavor, more juiciness, and would have been cheaper.
- I didn't bake the chicken.  Instead, I just cut the breasts into thin slices and made them in the pan.  I think this would've made a difference if I used the thighs, but since I used breasts without skin, I don't think it mattered.

Grades:

Megan - C (There was nothing really wrong with this meal except that I might have over-cooked the chicken a little.  I just am not that into eating chicken breasts.  I prefer my chicken to be shredded or cut up and mixed into something like a taco or pasta.)

Noelle -B+ (Noelle seemed to like the chicken.  I tried a new technique...I feel like she doesn't eat food as much when I serve it to her all cut up [because many times it doesn't look very appetizing all cut and smashed up into little pieces.  Tonight I tried serving her the whole chicken breast and cutting it in front of her.  I think it worked...for tonight at least.)

No comments:

Post a Comment