Search this blog

Monday, March 6, 2017

February 27th

Lemons Love Fish

Lemon and fish go together like ketchup and mustard, like peanut butter and jelly, like macaroni and cheese, right?  Well...usually I think that's true.

Lemony Scallop Risotto 
recipe from: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/lemony-shrimp-and-risotto-recipe





Wow - I'm really sorry that looks so disgusting in the picture.  It wasn't the greatest dinner, but it was better than it looks there!
This was another one I thought was going to be a winner.  It's from Giada...how could it be bad?  Oh, maybe because I changed the recipe from shrimp to bay scallops.  And maybe because I forgot to buy the arugula that was supposed to be in it.  Yeah, and maybe because I used vegetable broth instead of chicken. The shrimp would've been really good in it.  Scallops, not so much.  The arugula not only would've added a good taste, but would've also made it look less like a blob of vomit and more like food you would want to eat. And, I think you need the chicken broth - sorry vegetarians.
That being said, I have made this before without scallops and it was good.  If I were you, I'd make it wish shrimp or just plain with no protein.  I wouldn't use bay scallops.

Grades:

Megan - C (This was edible and had a good lemon flavor.  The scallops were just a little weird in it and there was something off.  Like I said, the arugula would've helped and so would the chicken broth.)

Doug - B

Noelle - C- (Noelle actually said while eating this, "I love scallops."  It's so strange, but she really does love them.  She was SO excited to see scallops on her plate and she ate them all.  Quickly.  She was not so excited about the risotto.  A couple tries and she was done.  She just kept saying, "scallops, where are you?" and refusing the risotto.)

No comments:

Post a Comment