Search this blog

Saturday, March 25, 2017

March 24th

When the Weather is Too Nice to Cook

Today was a gorgeous day and by the time we got in, it was too late for me to start making the dinner I had planned.  I was planning on us ordering take-out on Tuesday, but we did it tonight instead.

Cucina Paradiso
Oak Park, IL






I wasn't that hungry because I had a big lunch, so I just got some fried calamari.  I've never eaten at this restaurant before and I don't think this dish is the best thing to judge the restaurant by.  I quickly learned that calamari is not the best thing to order for carry-out.  The heat got trapped in the container and made the seemingly once-crispy calamari a little soggy.  It had good flavor and wasn't tough, so I think it would have been good if we had ordered it in the restaurant.  Doug had a margherita pizza and he said it was pretty good.

Grades:

Megan - C (Not really the restaurant's fault...I just wouldn't recommend ordering fried calamari as a carry out dish.)

Noelle - Noelle was already asleep, so she didn't get to try anything this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment