Search this blog

Saturday, March 25, 2017

March 23rd

Limes, Avocados, and Cheese...Oh My!

The first time I had chicken noodle soup served with limes was in a Mexican restaurant Doug took me to on a date.  I thought it was a strange combination, but the minute I tried it, I was hooked.  Lime is the perfect compliment to it... who knew!?

Mexican Lime Soup with Chicken
recipe from: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/mexican-lime-soup-chicken.html


First of all, Williams Sonoma has recipes...who knew??

Second of all, this is delicious and you should make it!

The only things I changed were that I used regular oregano because I didn't have Mexican oregano.  I also added extra lime juice so I could really taste that lime flavor.  Feta cheese sounds weird, but it works so well in this.

Grades:

Megan - A (The lime flavor is perfect with the chicken and then you have the soft, creamy avocados, and the crumbly, salty feta.  Perfect.  Good job Williams Sonoma.)

Noelle - C (Noelle loved the avocados in this of course.  After those were gone we got her to eat a little chicken, but she wasn't too impressed.  Doug showed her how to pick up the bowl and drink the broth and she really liked that.  She said she was drinking it "like a cup" and kept saying, "again, again!" to drink more.)

No comments:

Post a Comment