Search this blog

Thursday, March 9, 2017

March 1st

Who Made This?

I've said before that Noelle always seems to like her dinner better when she knows her dad made it.  Tonight when I put this bowl of soup in front of her she literally asked, "Who made this?"  I think she was disappointed with the answer.

Lasagna Soup
recipe from: http://www.cookingclassy.com/lasagna-soup/






Another easy dinner, and that's one of the top priorities to me.  It also tasted pretty good, so that's another priority.  If only Doug had made it, it would have been perfect because it always tastes better when someone else makes it (or when Doug makes it according to Noelle).
The only thing I will say is that I used Trader Joe's lasagna noodles in this and I would not recommend that.  Their lasagna noodles are completely flat and they pretty much all  stuck together in this like a lump.  You need the classic lasagna noodles with wavy edges.

Grades:

Megan - B- (I thought the soup had good flavor.  It just wasn't a blow-me-away dinner.)

Doug - B

Noelle - C (Noelle liked eating the noodles out of this and surprisingly wasn't excited about the rest.  I think she was upset it was made by me.  She also has a new thing when eating soup where she only wants to eat the "soup" meaning the broth.  There wasn't too much broth in here for her, so not her favorite.)

No comments:

Post a Comment