Search this blog

Saturday, March 18, 2017

March 14th

Feeling Like the 50's

When I think of a 1950's family I think of a husband coming home from work and sitting down to smoke a cigarette while his wife pulls a pot roast of of the oven and calls the family to dinner.  We didn't have any of that tonight...except the pot roast.

Savory Pot Roast
recipe from: http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/savory-pot-roast-54353.aspx


This is about the simplest recipe there is.  It had a good flavor, but I wished the meat had gotten a little more tender.  Maybe if I would've let it simmer more it would've tenderized more?

Grades:

Megan - B (I liked the flavor of this and I loved that it was absurdly easy to make.  The veggies also got a good flavor from being cooked in the sauce.)

Doug - B

Noelle - C (Noelle liked the potatoes and ate a little beef.  She seemed pretty ambivalent about it all though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment