Search this blog

Saturday, March 18, 2017

March 17th

Luck of the Irish

I am half Irish and Noelle is a little Irish, so I thought we'd better have an Irish dish on St. Patrick's Day.  Doug doesn't like corned beef and cabbage (and I already had that this year), so Shepherd's Pie it was.

Traditional Irish Shepherd's Pie
recipe from: http://www.food.com/recipe/traditional-irish-shepherds-pie-302120





I really thought this was going to be great.  There were a lot of flavorful ingredients going into it and I made it with so much Irish love.  However, it was disappointing because it was a little bland.  Maybe next time I should put some Guiness in it.

Grades:

Megan - B (It was a little bland, but still tasted good and had delicious mashed potatoes on it.  The two cans of Guiness I had with it helped too.)

Doug - B

Noelle - B- (Noelle ate the potatoes so fast she was out of breath.  After that she ate as slow as slow could be.  I don't know why she didn't like the meat.  I think maybe she doesn't like it when things are all mixed together in a casserole-type dish like that.  If it weren't for the potatoes this grade would've been a lot lower.)

No comments:

Post a Comment