Search this blog

Saturday, March 18, 2017

March 13th

This Lettuce Wrap is Making Me Thirsty

Nothing makes me feel healthier than a lettuce wrap.  This dinner is protein packed, carb free, and full of taste.  Just watch the salt.

Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps
recipe from: https://aseasyasapplepie.com/cashew-chicken-lettuce-wraps/


The only problem with these was that they turned out too salty.  I think it's because I used salted cashews instead of raw.  Definitely get the raw ones and use a low-sodium soy sauce.

Also, I didn't have oyster sauce so I used fish sauce (but fish sauce is pretty strong stuff so I didn't add the full amount) and it worked well.

Grades:

Megan - B (These would've been an A if they weren't so salty.)

Doug - B

Noelle - F (Noelle tried a couple of pieces of chicken and was done.  I was able to get her to kind of like the cashews.  She kept saying she wanted "more crumbs" which meant more cashews.)

No comments:

Post a Comment