Search this blog

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

March 20th

Like the Hair of an Angel

We had Capellini pasta, aka "Angel Hair" pasta for dinner tonight.  While I don't like the thought of eating hair, this pasta is one of my favorites.  There's something about those super thin noodles that just taste better than their thicker spaghetti relative.

Roasted Cherry Tomato Capellini
recipe from: http://www.yummymummykitchen.com/2012/08/roasted-cherry-tomato-cappellini-two.html


This dinner not only has deliciously thin pasta, but it also looks as beautiful as it tastes.  The red tomatoes and the green basil give it such a great, fresh color.
There is only one thing I changed from the original recipe.  I added a couple extra garlic cloves, and I cut them all in quarters before roasting so they give more flavor throughout the dish.  Otherwise, the recipe is pretty perfect.  I made ours vegetarian, but she also recommends putting shrimp in it.  I've made it with shrimp before and it was great.  I also think it would be good with some prosciutto in it.

Grades:

Megan - A (I love pretty much any pasta.  This one has a light, fresh taste.  And you know, it has angel hair.)

Noelle -B+ (Noelle had a chunk of garlic in her first bite and started saying, "I don't like it, I don't like it."  I told her that I thought she just didn't like the garlic and she should try another bite.  She did and she liked it.  She especially liked the tomatoes [which I was surprised by because I thought she'd be weirded out by their skin.]  She also really liked the pine nuts.  She couldn't remember the name of them and kept calling them pineapples or pinecones or acorns, but she liked them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment