Search this blog

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

July 24th

Branching out

The only crepes I have ever made at home are goat cheese and leek crepes because that's what I have a recipe for in my cookbook.  Today I decided to expand my crepe game and try a new flavor.  There's a place in Manhattan we loved called Vive La Crepe and one of my favorites there was a goat cheese, spinach, and mushroom crepe, so I thought I'd give that a try.

Goat Cheese, Spinach, and Mushroom Crepe
I made this recipe up, but used the same crepe batter that was previously featured on my blog here: https://dailydoseofdinner.blogspot.com/2017/05/may-20th.html
These turned out really good even though they don't look like pretty, restaurant crepes.  I'm still getting the actual crepe technique down, but I've got the flavor for sure!  All I did was make the crepe and then sprinkle on some goat cheese, spinach, and mushrooms.  I served it with some fresh Michigan corn and crispy squash blossoms from our garden - yum!

Grades:

Megan - A (I love crepes, especially when they have goat cheese in them.  These will be made again sometime.)

Noelle - D+ (Noelle used to love goat cheese but has recently been protesting it.  When she took her first bite she said "why is there goat cheese in there?"  After that she would only eat the crepe after scraping off all the filling.  Just plain crepes for her tonight.  I may or may not have eaten all her filling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment