Search this blog

Friday, August 11, 2017

July 28th

A Lighter Buffalo

Buffalo chicken is usually pretty unhealthy because it's on fried chicken.  This was a lightened up version for those days when you need something buffalo but don't want something fried.

Buffalo Turkey Burger
There's not really a recipe for this one....it's pretty simple.
For these I bought pre-formed turkey burgers and cooked them on the grill.  When they were done I dunked them in buffalo sauce (you can buy already made buffalo sauce or make your own.  It's pretty easy to make - I used this recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/219109/buffalo-chicken-wing-sauce/)
Then I added a slice of mozzarella cheese and a bun.  They would be even better with blue cheese, but I didn't have any.  I served them with grilled pineapple.  If you have never had grilled pineapple you should try it immediately because it takes pineapple to a whole new level!

Grades:

Megan - A (You could put buffalo sauce on pretty much anything and I'll love it.)

Noelle - A- (Noelle had just a turkey burger with no sauce because I know she would've thought the sauce was too spicy.  She liked the burger even though I could tell she wasn't enjoying as much as she does with a beef burger.  Also, she loves pineapple, but was not really a fan of it grilled.  I guess she's a purist when it comes to her fruit.)

No comments:

Post a Comment